[Samba] gidNumber's and ldap backed samba PDC

Derek Werthmuller dwerthmu at ctg.albany.edu
Tue Mar 24 18:31:54 GMT 2009

Ok I see it appears that the ldap entries that samba needs in the directory
are under a different O. ou=groups,o=smb,dc=unav,dc=es for example.
dn: cn=Domain Admins,ou=groups,o=smb,dc=unav,dc=es
objectClass: posixGroup
objectClass: sambaGroupMapping
gidNumber: 512
cn: Domain Admins

Where my user/file system groups would be under traditional ldap entries
like:
dn: cn=usrgrp,ou=Group,dc=ct,dc=unav,dc=es
objectClass: posixGroup
objectClass: top
cn: usrgrp
userPassword:: e2NyexB0fX9g=
gidNumber: 512
creatorsName: cn=Manager, dc=ct,dc=unav,dc=es
createTimestamp: 20021007160601Z
modifiersName: cn=Manager,dc=ct,dc=unav,dc=es
modifyTimestamp: 20081205192619Z

This right?

Thanks
	Derek