[Samba] slow printing with XP SP3

Daulton Theodore daulton_theodore at carleton.ca
Tue Mar 24 17:24:30 GMT 2009

I have Samba 3.0.23a installed on a server running Solaris 9. We had no
problems printing with Service Pack 2 installed on the wrokstations.
However since we started rolling out XP Service Pack 3 printing has become
extremely slow. Printing reverts to normal if Service Pack 3 is uninstalled.
Has anyone encountered such a problem? Any suggestions for a solution will
be much appreciated.