[Samba] sambaRefuseMachinePwdChange policy

Frank frank at si.ct.upc.edu
Tue Mar 24 10:31:46 GMT 2009

Hi,
we have a couple of Linux RHEL 5 samba servers in a domain, one as PDC
and the other as BDC, and both with LDAP backends
samba version is 3.0.28-1
We want pc clients can't change their machine password using
sambaRefuseMachinePwdChange policy, so we set it to 1 in LDAP
But pc clients still can change their passwords, and we don't see any
acces to sambaRefuseMachinePwdChange attribute on LDAP logs.
Is it not used in this version yet? Must we do something special to use it?

Thanks in advance.

Frank