[Samba] Text File Corruption Writing from Windows to Linux NFS Share.

shunter at ddci.com shunter at ddci.com
Tue Mar 24 13:30:29 GMT 2009

Yes, I did.  I tried them separately and together.  Made no difference.
Any text file copied to a SFU share has each byte replaced with a null
character.   Any PDF (or zip or exe) file copied fails to copy.  I'm going
to turn debug up to about 10 and stare at it some more.  Perhaps I can
find a test case that will tell me something.

S.H.H.

Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE>
03/23/2009 03:05 PM
Please respond to
Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE

shunter at ddci.com
cc
samba at lists.samba.org
Subject
Re: [Samba] Text File Corruption Writing from Windows to Linux NFS Share.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 02:58:05PM -0700, shunter at ddci.com wrote:
> The Windows 2003 machine is a raid array data server that provides both
> Windows and UNIX/Linux shares (NFS).  Some users prefer a Windows
browser
> for copying or editing files.  An older Samba on an older Linux machine
> (Mandrake 10.2) provided this service until recently.

Did you try the two options I mentioned?

Volker

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the sender of this E-Mail by return E-Mail or by telephone.