[Samba] Re: pdbedit dosen't send the sambaSID to the ldap

LiPi - lipixx at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 11:56:52 GMT 2009

The question was exactly the same than the one that was in the link I wrote :p
http://www.mail-archive.com/samba@lists.samba.org/msg99530.html

But now, 1h later it's time to answer myself:

If somebody needs to solve the mentionated problem, it only must be two things:

apt-get install libnss-ldap libpam-ldap
emacs /etc/ldap.conf and fill it with (according to their params):

<<<<--start ldap.conf>>>>
host 127.0.0.1
base dc=ctest
uri ldap://127.0.0.1
ldap_version 3
rootbinddn cn=admin,dc=ctest
port 389

nss_base_passwd         ou=Users,dc=ctest?one
nss_base_passwd         ou=Computers,dc=ctest?one
nss_base_shadow         ou=Users,dc=ctest?one
nss_base_group          ou=Groups,dc=ctest?one
<<<<--end ldap.conf>>>>

and /etc/nsswitch.conf:
<<<<--start nsswitch.conf>>>>
passwd:         compat ldap
group:          compat ldap
shadow:         compat ldap

hosts:          files dns
networks:       files
protocols:      db files
services:       db files
ethers:         db files
rpc:            db files
netgroup:       nis
<<<---end nsswitch.conf>>>

Then, getent passwd and getent group must show ldap entries, and then
joining to a domain and the creation of automatic machine samba
accounts is well done.

http://linuxadministration.us/2008/05/17/ubuntu-804-hardy-ldap-client/
http://www.cos.ufrj.br/docs/ldap#debian <-- if you use debian

Thank you all!