[Samba] Text File Corruption Writing from Windows to Linux NFS Share.

Mon Mar 23 21:38:31 GMT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 02:06:34PM -0700, shunter at ddci.com wrote:
> Do SFU shares need to be mounted with some "special" switch on the RHEL
> machine for Samba to be able to write to them?  Is there some obscure
> Samba configuration switch that I've missed?

Wow, that's a twisted net of mounts. To get you right:

You use the SFU NFS server to mount -t nfs on a RHEL box.
You use Samba to re-export this to a Windows XP machine.
You get file corruption when writing to that samba export.

Right?

Question: Why don't you just mount directly from W2k3? And,
you might just try "posix locking = no" and "kernel oplocks
= no" in your smb.conf.

Volker