[Samba] smbldap and samba as a PDC

LiPi - lipixx at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 17:49:46 GMT 2009

Hi people, first of all, thank you for the quick answers.

This morning I have been trying some things.

1. smbldap configure script: I remember that one week ago I installed
an old debian and I tried it but don't ask me for the results... I
will retry on monday.
2. The SID is obtained with "net get localsid" and is the same that
the one represented in sambaDomain=TESTING, it's also in all the
config files it must be.
3. smbldap-tools is installed from ubuntu sources. It install all the
required packages and dependencies and it works fine. Despite of these
I will revise if all the
dependencies are ok. I tried smbldap-tools from .tar.gz and gave the
same result.
4. I was thinking about a rights problem. I have a user called
"administrador" that have uid=0, "sambaSid"-0 and group "sambaSid"-512
and it's in the Users org. u. in Ldap.
When I try a net rpc join -U administrador, the error shown with
manual command is:
  Error: modifications require authentication at /usr/share/perl5/
smbldap_tools.pm line 1083.

So I modified /etc/ldap/slapd.conf adding the following:
allow update_anon
Then it throws:
Error: Insufficient access at /usr/share/perl5/smbldap_tools.pm line
1083.

Is smbldap-tools trying an anonymous access?

Let's try one thing in slapd.conf:
access to *
        by dn="cn=admin,dc=testing,dc=sistemas,dc=upc,dc=es" write
        by * write

and then, manually smbldap-adduser -w machine$, and the machine
account is then created!!!

Problem1:
I can't give write acces to *  as you can understand.

Problem2:
Althought the machine is created, it hasn't got the samba attributes
in Ldap, and then M$Windows nor linux recognize it.

Question1:
How can I know the user which smbldap is attempting to use to log in
ldap server?
I looked smbldap_bind.conf (both /etc/smbldap-tools and
/etc/opt/IDEALX/smbldap-tools/  .. the last doesn't exist) and there
are the correct
slaveMaster, master, and password settings.

Question2:
Do you think that smbldap-tools is not seeing correctly the samba
schema from ldap? or something similar?

Thank you all.

-----
If I can solve the problem I think it would be very useful for a lot
of people, look these:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-July/107814.html
http://linux.org.ar/pipermail/lugar-gral/2006-December/036667.html
https://lists.warp.es/pipermail/ebox-user/2007-February/000211.html
https://projects.warp.es/projects/ebox-platform/wiki/Document/FAQ/HowToSetPDCSupportOnEBox
<-- he solves it with giving rights to admin from ebox.
http://edin.no-ip.com/content/egroupware-ldap-debian-lenny-mini-howto
https://lists.warp.es/pipermail/ebox-user-es/2006-April/000037.html