[Samba] smbldap and samba as a PDC

LiPi - lipixx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 23:31:55 GMT 2009

Hi people, I have a problem with samba, openldap and the creation of machine
accounts.
I don't know if here is a good place to ask but I don't receive help in
other places.. I read many guides, howto's, etc. but
I can't get around with the solution...

 I have seen an older message to another list (mail.gna.org) asking for the
same problem that I have, it was:

   - [Smbldap-tools-tech] Problem creating machine
accounts<https://mail.gna.org/public/smbldap-tools-tech/2008-09/msg00001.html>,
   *Jonathan Warrington   (September 24, 2008 - 19:24)*

I didn't know if Jonathan received a response, but I have two problems, one
is exactly the same that's described there, and the other is explained as
follows:

I have samba + ldap PDC with smbldap-tools, and when I try to join the
domain I get these error:

root at patata:/# net rpc join -U administrador
  Password:
  Creation of workstation account failed
  Unable to join domain TESTING.

  If I take a look to the logs...:
  2009/03/19 20:18:42, 0] passdb/pdb_interface.c:pdb_
default_create_user(329)
   _samr_create_user: Running the command `/usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w
patata$' gave 127

 Then manually, smbldap-useradd -w patata$:
  Error: modifications require authentication at /usr/share/perl5/
smbldap_tools.pm line 1083.

  And if I create the machine account from phpldapadmin, it works perfectly.

  What can I do? I tried:
   net -U administrador%XXXX rpc rights grant 'TESTING\smbadmins'
SeMachineAccountPrivilege,

   also tried to modify smbldap.conf and smbldap_bind.conf, and I got
nothing...

  I followed many howto's and surelly there is something that i'm not
understanding, but I don't know what. Any suggestion would surely be
helpful.

getent passwd and getent group works well. If I try to add a machine account
from phpldapadmin, all goes right.

This is my smbldap config:
http://pastebin.ca/1365687

And this my smb.conf: