[Samba] Samba Password Question.

Eric Roseme eroseme at emonster.rose.hp.com
Thu Mar 19 16:05:22 GMT 2009

mparsons at UK.EY.COM wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Its Samba Release 3 on an HP-UX 11.11 machine. We are allowing users to
> map folders from the unix box as shares on their windows laptops.

Mark - I posted this on ITRC too:

I assume that you have a Samba PDC (security = user) with a passdb
backend of tdbsam or ldapsam.  If so, then you set domain policies with
pdbedit.  I believe that you have to set the "user must change password"
attribute *and* the "password age" attribute to 0 (for each user) to
make it happen at the next logon.

Have you already tried this and it did not work?

http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/passdb.html#pdbeditthing

I think it's:

pdbedit -P "maximum password age" -C value
pdbedit -u user --pwd-must-change-time 0

Eric Roseme
Hewlett-Packard