[Samba] Server 2008 and Samba 3.0.25b

Alainna C. White alainna at pha.jhu.edu
Thu Mar 19 15:31:49 GMT 2009

Hi folks -

Not fifteen minutes after I sent this message, I've solved the problem.
I've been fighting with this for a while now (over a year; I've been
delaying Vista deployments because of this).   I never would've guessed
that taking the RPC out of the net join command would fix it.

But it did.

This is the fix (at least for me):
join the domain with, "net join -U administrator <domain>", not, "net
join RPC -U administrator <domain>".

Thanks and sorry for the spam!

Alainna

--