[Samba] Can SAMBA make a kerberos keytab on Solaris 10?

Rob LaRose robl at imaginaryforces.com
Wed Mar 18 19:36:35 GMT 2009

Hi Samba people!

	I'm trying to use SAMBA (the version included with Solaris 10) with
an AD.

	NET ADS JOIN works like a charm to create a computer object in the AD
for the solaris machine, and SAMBA users are authenticating without a
problem.  This is good.  HOWEVER -- I also need other protocols
(including ssh and Xinet KA-Share) to authenticate users.

	As I understand it, SAMBA uses kerberos to authenticate against AD,
so as long as everyone is using the same keytab file, I'd expect all
to be well.  However, I find that when I do net ads join it doesn't
create or modify a keytab file that I can find.  I have use kerberos
keytab = true in my smb.conf file, but I can't see that it actually
does anything.

	Can anyone steer me in the right direction here?  I've been chasing
this for over a month.

--Rob