[Samba] Upgrade Samba Server Operating System version

Ooi Kwan Chen ooi_kwanchen at dxn2u.com
Wed Mar 18 08:56:09 GMT 2009

Tim Bates wrote:
> Ooi Kwan Chen wrote:
>> I'm planning to upgrade my Samba Server from Debian Etch to Debian
>> Lenny.
>> Will this affect Samba? Is it safe to perform upgrade from apt-get
>> upgrade?
> It generally goes fine.... I'd get apt to download all the required
> packages the night before you plan to do the upgrade, and then set
> aside 2-3 hours to do the actual upgrade (it should take less than 1,
> but if something goes wrong you need a bit more time to get it going
> again).
>
> I had no issues with Samba in my upgrades.
>
> TB

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your information. I just finished upgraded my Samba server
smoothly. Everything is fine.

--
Best regards,

Ooi Kwan Chen (John), System Support, Server Management Section,
Group IT Department, DXN Holdings Berhad
Office Phone : +604 771 6688 Ext 122 Fax : +604 772 4785
Website : www.dxn2u.com