[Samba] Upgrade Samba Server Operating System version

guido at lorenzutti.com.ar guido at lorenzutti.com.ar
Wed Mar 18 08:53:18 GMT 2009

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Samba 3.0.24-6etch10 in Debian Etch 64bit with kernel Linux
> 2.6.18-6-amd64.
>
> I'm planning to upgrade my Samba Server from Debian Etch to Debian Lenny.
>
> Will this affect Samba? Is it safe to perform upgrade from apt-get
> upgrade?
>
> Thank you all for your help.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Ooi Kwan Chen (John), System Support, Server Management Section,
> Group IT Department, DXN Holdings Berhad
> Office Phone : +604 771 6688 Ext 122 Fax : +604 772 4785
> Website : www.dxn2u.com
>
> --

Hi! I have several debian etch to upgrade. But I didn't upgrade any samba
yet. I did a fresh install of a new server in Lenny and the only problem
that I have was with openldap. A few things changed in my scenario...
Like:

* In pam_ldap now is mandatory to have "ssl on" to use a ssl connection
* Slapd now is compiled agains gnutls, so you need to change the Ciphers
list in slapd.conf.

Please, post any problems. Im interested 'coz I have like ten PDC to
migrate from etch to lenny.

Bye.