[Samba] Samba Configuration

ElihuJ chinocubus at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 18 01:58:07 GMT 2009

Thanks for the replies guys. My nsswitch.conf has the following:

passwd: compat winbind
group:  compat winbind
shadow: compat winbind

And I am on the hosts allow network. If I remove the valid users, I can
still access the share; I just cannot write to it.

Output of testparm:

Processing section "[admin]"
Processing section "[tmp]"
Loaded services file OK.
'winbind separator = +' might cause problems with group membership.
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER

And here are some of the things I've seen in the logs. Let me know if you
need to see any other logs.

==winbind.log==
[2009/03/17] 00:55:28 3] winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:winbindd_domain_info(654)
     [5888]: domain_info [ADSERVER]
[2009/03/17] 00:55:28 3] winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:winbindd_ping(733)
     [5888]: ping
[2009/03/17] 00:55:28 3] winbindd/winbindd_misc.c:winbindd_lookkupname(102)
     [5888]: lookupname ADSERVER+admin

Now I've tried some things since to see if I can get it working. Since AD
authentication is working, I logged in with my admin user and created a home
directory. Permissions for the directory are 755, with admin:domain admins
for ownership. I figured, well if I have the same user logged in on my Linux
machine that I have on my XP machine, I should be able to read/write right?
Well when I go to the admin share on my XP machine, I can see everything
fine. I can even see that domain permissions are being applied. However I am
still unable to write!

I really appreciate the help, thanks.