[Samba] Samba server is 'joined' to a Windows AD, my client is a stand-alone system

Duffey, Blake A. Blake.Duffey at noblis.org
Mon Mar 16 15:13:53 GMT 2009

We have a samba system which is a 'member' of a Windows 2003 Active
Directory.

I can connect to the samba share from another member of that domain without
problem.

When I try to connect to that share from a stand-alone system, I get the
following error:

The security database on the server does not have a computer account for
this workstation trust relationship.

Doing a network capture on my client, I see a STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT
being sent from the samba server to my client.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks
Blake