[Samba] smbldap-useradd/getent group problem

Tamás Pisch pischta at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 11:04:56 GMT 2009

Hi,

I'm walking through Samba-Guide, chapter making happy users on Debian lenny.
It's hard to me, because I'm new to ldap. I add users with smbldap-useradd
-m -a xyz, smbldap-passwd xyz, smbpasswd xyz and they run without error.
getent passwd
xyz:x:1008:513:System User:/data/users/xyz:/bin/bash

id xyz
uid=1008(xyz) gid=513(Domain Users) groups=513(Domain Users)

Ok, so far, but:
getent group
Domain Users:*:513:

According to the Guide, it should look like:
Domain Users:*:513:xyz

Why it doesn't, and how can I correct it?

Thanks, in advance.