[Samba] Re: Can not clear Read-only attribute

Miguel Medalha miguelmedalha at sapo.pt
Thu Mar 12 02:58:41 GMT 2009

> Also, what is different from my config that is causing this problem vs. other
> posters who report that it works ok for them?  (...)

I simply reported that it is working for me (as it is) because I assumed
that you were using "store dos attributes = yes" as I am. I found this
to be the reliable method.

And yes, like Jeremy says "you'll be much happier in the long run" if
you use this method too.

It will not be difficult to write a script, or a DOS batch file, to
reset the attributes your files now have, after you change the parameters.