[Samba] Re: ldap group authentication refresh [SOLVED]

Arthur Odekerken odekerken at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 16:39:54 GMT 2009

Hi,

I resolved the problem.
I changed my smb.conf as follows:

[global]
netbios name = SAMBA
server string = %h
workgroup = DOMAIN.TLD
security = user
encrypt passwords = true
ldap passwd sync = yes
guest account = nobody
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://zarafa.hasselt.be
ldap admin dn = cn=root,ou=hasselt.be,o=hasselt,c=be
ldap suffix = o=hasselt,c=be
ldap group suffix = ou=groups
ldap user suffix = ou=hasselt.be
enable privileges = yes
socket options = TCP_NODELAY
case sensitive = no
default case = lower
preserve case = yes
short preserve case = yes
dns proxy = no
printcap name = /etc/printcap
log level = 3
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
max log size = 50
nt acl support = Yes
create mask = 0644
directory mask = 0755
level2 oplocks = True

I now have a Samba server that authenticates against an OpenLDAP directory
without the use of a domain.

Thank you all for your support.

Arthur