RE [Samba] Complex [homes] rule

Stéphane PURNELLE stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Tue Mar 10 16:10:34 GMT 2009

ah ok, sorry,
But I don't have the answer for you.
Usually, the homes share is the user home directory and is not a standard
share.

the homes share in smb.conf contain theses parameter (normal config :

[homes]
        path = /path/to/home/directory/%U
        force user = %U
        read only = No
        directory mask = 0700
        browseable = No
        hide dot files = yes

maybe I have a solution (a idea while I write this mail), read in samba
howto collection on samba website about the include parameter.
It's possible to made multiple sub smb.conf for containe particular
share...

Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 087/342467