[Samba] Set "hidden" attribute on folder

Arnaud Lesauvage arnaud.listes at codata.eu
Mon Mar 9 09:31:52 GMT 2009

Hi list

I have set up a share with "map hidden = yes", "create mask = 0777" and "directory mask = 0777".
Setting and removing the "hidden" attribute on a file works as expected, but not on folders.
If I check the unix permissions on the folders, the execute bit is always set for "other".

Is this not implemented ?

I know it is possible to manually hide folders by adding them in "hide files", but I would like users and applications to be able to set this attribute themselves.

Regards
--
Arnaud Lesauvage