[Samba] samba 3.3.x vfs_acl_xattr support

Ying Hu yinghu24 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 02:28:14 GMT 2009

I did read majority of the how to document
http://us6.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/ and I don't
think I can find the answer there. Understandably that document is for samba
3.0.x, but I don't see a version of howto for samba 3.3. I also checked
smb.conf file, I don't think it says using vfs object = acl_xattr in order
to use vfs xattr. This maybe obvious if you have used samba for some time,
but probably not obvious for everybody. That is why I was trying to read the
source code to see what I can do. I do appreciate your help for this.
Thanks,
Ying