[Samba] samba 3.3.x vfs_acl_xattr support

Ying Hu yinghu24 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 17:26:39 GMT 2009

Thanks for the reply. I just tried to use this feature, but after I created
a file, getfattr returns empty. Here is my compilation flags:
            ./configure --prefix=/usr \
                                    --localstatedir=/var/lib/samba \
                                    --sysconfdir=/etc/samba \
                                    --with-configdir=/etc/samba \
                                    --with-libdir=/usr/lib/samba \
                                    --with-lockdir=/var/lib/samba \
                                    --with-logfilebase=/var/log/samba \
                                    --with-mandir=/usr/man \
                                    --with-rootsbindir=/sbin \
                                    --with-piddir=/var/run/samba \
                                    --with-privatedir=/etc/samba \
                                    --with-swatdir=/var/data/samba/swat \
                                    --enable-debug \
                                    --with-automount \
                                    --with-acl-support \
                                    --disable-cups \
                                    --with-msdfs \
                                    --with-pam \
                                    --with-pam_smbpass \
                                    --with-quotas \
                                    --with-smbmount \
                                    --with-syslog \
                                    --with-tdbsam \
                                    --with-utmp \
                                    --with-vfs \
                                    --with-winbind \
                                    --with-shared-modules=idmap_rid,idmap_ad
\
                                    --with-ldap \
                                    --with-ads; \
Did I miss anything?
We are very interested in this feature for sure. Currently is this feature
used only for storing NTACL, or it is also used for authentication?

Thanks a lot!
Ying