[Samba] user y pass in winxp --share public

Jason Voorhees jvoorhees1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 13:57:08 GMT 2009

Hi:

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 6:19 AM, Ariel Llauger Rabaza
<ariel.llauger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello;
> I have samba 3.0.23d , in AIX server.
> This server are member of domain AD win2003.
> All OK.
>
> when access a share , my winXP , recuest  me
> user and pass., this resource are public=yes

Are you logging Samba activity with 'log file' and 'log level'
directives? You could get some useful information in logs.

Anyway, I think it's necessary more information fro your
configuration. Post smb.conf without comments.
Is WinXP machine joined to the domain?