[Samba] module syncprov

Oliver Henriot Oliver.Henriot at imag.fr
Fri Mar 6 10:09:56 GMT 2009

Hi,

Maybe I'm wrong but shouldn't there be an updatedn declaration on the
mirror server?

Something like this :

syncrepl rid=001
    provider=ldap://ldap.domain.com:389
    bindmethod=simple
    binddn="cn=admin,dc=domain,dc=com"
    credentials=<password>
    updatedn="cn=admin,dc=domain,dc=com"
    searchbase="dc=domain,dc=com"
    schemachecking=off
    type=refreshAndPersist
    retry="60 +"

As far as a syncprov module is concerned, I don't think you need the
moduleload directive. My servers use syncrepl successfully without it.

Dans sa grande sagesse, yudi shiddiq a écrit, le 06.03.2009 09:50 :
> Hello everybody,,
>
> This time i want to replicate PDC to BDC when there's is any changes on PDC, here is my conf. on /etc/openldap/slapd.conf
>

> LDAP Server master
>
> moduleload syncprov
>
> overlay syncprov
> syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
> syncprov-sessionlog 100
>

> LDAP Server mirror
>
> moduleload syncprov
>
> syncrepl rid=001
>     provider=ldap://ldap.domain.com:389
>     bindmethod=simple
>     binddn="cn=admin,dc=domain,dc=com"
>     credentials=<password>
>     searchbase="dc=domain,dc=com"
>     schemachecking=off
>     type=refreshAndPersist
>     retry="60 +"
>
> mirrormode on
>

> when i've configured like above then i restart ldap service the service cannot start and when i check on my /usr/lib/openldap/modules i can't find module with the name syncprov.
>
> Is there any clue about this...

- --
Oliver Henriot B.Sc. Ph.D. | Technicien de Maintenance
Moyens Informatiques et Multimédia | UMS MI2S | http://mi2s.imag.fr/
Domaine universitaire BP53 | 38041 Grenoble cedex 9 | France
tel.: +33 4 76 51 43 48 | fax: +33 4 76 51 47 15