[Samba] pdbedit dosen't send the sambaSID to the ldap

guido at lorenzutti.com.ar guido at lorenzutti.com.ar
Fri Mar 6 01:26:20 GMT 2009

Hi people: I have a Debian etch stable with the latests updates.
When I try to join a computer to the domain I create the
machine on the ldap and its created with the following atributes:

dn:cn=test$,ou=Machines,dc=domain,dc=org
objectClass: top
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: posixAccount
uidNumber: 3123
uid: test$
cn: test$
sn: test$
gidNumber: 604
homeDirectory: /dev/null
loginShell: /bin/false
gecos: Machine Account

Then, in the samba I run:

pdbedit -am test

And this is the output...

ldapsam_add_sam_account: User exists without samba attributes: adding them
init_ldap_from_sam: Setting entry for user: test$
smbldap_modify: dn => [cn=test$,ou=Machines,dc=domain,dc=org]
ldapsam_modify_entry: Failed to modify user dn=
cn=test$,ou=Machines,dc=domain,dc=org with: Object class violation
object class 'sambaSamAccount' requires attribute 'sambaSID'
ldapsam_add_sam_account: failed to modify/add user with uid = test$ (dn
= cn=zigo$,ou=Systems,dc=domain,dc=int)
Unable to add machine! (does it already exist?)

I set the debug level in the ldap and I can't see the pdbedit sending any
sambaSID atributte. So I can't think this is a schema problem...

Any ideas? Why is this happening?? I have found nothing on the net to help
me...

Tnxs in advance.