[Samba] Add a Samba-3 server to a Samba-2 Domain

Patrik Dufresne ikus060 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 19:42:21 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have some issue to configure a samba server. I'm not an expert with
Samba and I prefer asking how to do it then doing some terrible mistake.
In my current infrastructure I have a samba-2 server running as a PDC.
This server handle authentification using LDAP.

I need to add a new server to this infrastructure. I select samba-3 to
be the new server and know I want to add this server as member of the
existing domain. The goal is to have both samba server using the same
authentification sheme.

My first question whould be, is it hard to achieved this manipulation ?

Thanks

Patrik Dufresne