[Samba] NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND when attempting to print to a cups printer

Joerie de Gram j.de.gram at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 14:47:59 GMT 2009

Hi,

I'm sharing a CUPS printer via samba (3.3.1) on Arch Linux to allow
various OS'es to print. Everything used to work fine, both Windows and
Linux clients were able to print, until now. The Linux clients (running
CUPS) are all reporting "NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND opening remote
spool <job name>" when attempting to print. The Windows clients cannot
print either, but those seem a little less verbose when encountering
printing trouble.

I've set 'log level' to 10 in my samba config, and sent a CUPS test page
from one of the Linux clients. Is anyone able to spot anything suspicious
in the resulting smbd.log? [1]

The only error I can spot is a bind error, however samba seems to listen
just fine on the interface as I've specified it in my smb.conf

Joerie

[1]: http://rafb.net/p/p8mh5653.html