[Samba] samba 3.3.x vfs_acl_xattr support

Wed Mar 4 13:25:00 GMT 2009

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 08:03:46AM -0500, Ying Hu wrote:
> >From samba 3.3.0 release notes, it seems like samba 3.3.x is at least
> experimenting using xattr to store NT ACL, which can eventually provide
> better NT ACL support. I tried similar features with samba 4.0.0 alpha6,
> which works very nice. Is there any plan to provide same level of NT ACL
> support with samba 3.3.x? If there is such plan, any targeted date for that?

The experimental feature in 3.3 is designed to do exactly
what Samba 4 does in this area right now. If you find any
deficiencies, please file bugs against it. The fact that
this is a little tested and security-sensitive feature is
the reason that we marked this as experimental. You can help
by testing it :-)

Thanks,

Volker