[Samba] PDC machine name appears as Domain Name on PC profiles

Jeff McInish impact.bass at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 16:36:50 GMT 2009

I have the distribution Samba package 3.2.3 running under Ubuntu 8.10
Workstation, downloaded using Synaptics Package Manager.  It is running as a
PDC.  On some of my Windows XP workstations, the Windows profiles appearing
under System Properties >> Advanced >> User Profiles appear correct, in the
form DOMAIN_NAME\USER_NAME.  On others, however, they appear in the form
DOMAIN_SERVER_NAME\USER_NAME.  Does anyone know why this occurs, and if so,
is it normal?  Do I need to change something.  Thanks in advance.