[Samba] How to allow only particular users to logon to a particular computer?

Wolfgang Ratzka ratzka at hrz.uni-marburg.de
Tue Mar 3 10:37:43 GMT 2009

> I have a pc (already joinned the samba domain 'DOMAIN') that I want to keep
> off other domain users but user DOMAIN\mark and DOMAIN\thomas whilst letting
> both of them to logon freely to other computers.

You might want to manipulate the SeInteractiveLogonRight and possibly
SeNetworkLogonRight on the PC itself. Have a look at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279664

Two hints:
- You might want to define a group and assign rights to the group
   instead of single users.
- Avoid locking out yourself and the admins.

Kind regards,

--
Wolfgang Ratzka  Phone: +49 6421 2823531  FAX: +49 6421 2826994
Uni Marburg,  HRZ, Hans-Meerwein-Str., D-35032 Marburg, Germany