[Samba] Samba & AutoCad 2007

Patrik Dufresne ikus060 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 00:54:03 GMT 2009

Hi,

I'm managing a Samba server for almost 4 year now and I've got some
glitch with AutoCad & Samba, but I've found many solution to solved
those problems. Last week, I receive many complains about some users
that experience problem using AutoCad. In fact, it's not AutoCad but
Advance Steel Metal 2009 (plugin for AutoCad). In this new version of
Advance, there is a new feature called Model Sharing. This feature
consist in a support of multiple user sharing the same file - concurrent
modifications can be done by multiple user. I'm not really sure how it's
implemented, I'm still in process to get access to some implementation
details.

So far, our investigation point that Samba may be in cause. I think it's
related to some flag not supported by Samba or implemented differently
to the MsWindows.

This problem is a big issue for us and I want to do everything possible
to fix this problem (what ever it's Samba related or AutoCad related.)

To proceed, I need some help from Samba team to debug the problem with me.
How can I have detailed logs showing the open flag ?
Is a tcpdump can be usefull ?
Is there any configuration to support shared mode ?

I have a look at this documentation, does Samba support every flags  ?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa365430(VS.85).aspx

Thanks for any help you can give.

Patrik Dufresne