[Samba] I need to be able to retrieve windows user info on a windows server.

touchring joshua__lim at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 28 12:40:13 GMT 2009

Hi, I'm a Linux newbie.

I've been doing novice level programming on Delphi win32 for about 2 years,
and recently, I've been exploring freepascal/Lazarus on Ubuntu because I
want to port a small win32 application to Windows.  I've managed to port
over most aspects of the win32 app, including database, but I'm now stuck at
trying to find a Linux equivalent of the netapi32 (a windows NT api
function) which I actually use to call NetUserGetInfo (see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa370654(VS.85).aspx) to retrieve
Windows login user info on a windows server.

At this point, I'm not sure whether I need to use Samba, or Wine, or a mix
of both.  I've tried researching on the net for the past 2 days to no avail,
hope to receive some tips from you guys.  :)