[Samba] Is "net groupmap add ntgroup" Volatile?

MargoAndTodd margoandtodd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 22:10:43 GMT 2009

Hi All,

I have three of these command I use to map my UNIX groups
to Windows:

    net groupmap add ntgroup="Remote Desktop Users" \
                 unixgroup=TermServ rid=5001 type=d

Problem: I seem to have to re-enter this every so often.
I am presuming after a kernel update and reboot.
It may have been after stopping and restarting smb.

Is "net groupmap add ntgroup" volatile?  Do I have
to run this out of my rc.local?  Every time I
stop and restart smb?  What am I missing?

Many thanks,
-T

$ cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5.3 (Final)