[Samba] Samba Interactive mode in OpenWRT

Kunal Punjabi kpunjabi at ubicom.com
Thu Jun 25 17:50:02 GMT 2009

The samba server is only waiting for samba connections if I use the -i
(interactive) mode. Any idea how I can get my samba server to listen for
and accept requests automatically (in non-interactive mode)?

I found that

smbd -i &

(to start the service and put it in the background) seems to work and
the server is waiting for incoming connections.

Although samba.init contains a command: "smbd -D" in its Start()
function, that does not start the service.

why do I not need this option under uClinux (smbd -D just seems to work
and cause the service to start)?

Thanks,

Kunal