[Samba] PAM LDAP password change error

Tamás Pisch pischta at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 13:50:22 GMT 2009

Hi,

I go trough the SaMBa guide Making happy users secondly. I configure Debian
Lenny on XEN.
I have problem with PAM. When i try to change a user's password with
smbldap-passwd it runs without error, but when i try to log in I get the
"Login incorrect" message. When I try to change a user's password with
passwd I get the "Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication
info" message.
I removed every ACLs from slapd.conf.
I tried to follow the second version of the PAM configuration, because as I
see on Debian, the pam-unix2.so doesn't support ldap.
I didn't include pam_pwcheck.so, because it gave me an error about it
doesn't find that module.
/etc/pam.d/passwd:
auth     sufficient  pam_ldap.so
account  sufficient  pam_ldap.so
password sufficient    pam_ldap.so
password required    pam_unix2.so   nullok use_first_pass use_authtok

/etc/nsswitch.conf:
passwd:         files ldap
group:          files ldap
shadow:         files ldap