[Samba] enabling "null session" on a share

Alessandro Tinivelli alessandro.tinivelli at monrif.net
Thu Jun 25 08:16:10 GMT 2009

Good day to all, we have a Samba 3.0.33 in ADS mode, and we have been
asked to enable "null session" on the share [prova] (my smb.conf is
below).
I have googled a bit and i have still many doubts: if we put in share
definition the "guest ok = yes", will the [prova] will be able to accept
null sessions from an process running on a XP station? Will the process
be able to delete files?
Or it's impossible to grant "null sessions" when Samba security mode is

Thank you very much for your unvaluable help
Alessandro

This is my smb.conf

---------------------------------
[global]
        workgroup = DOMAIN
        realm = DOMAIN.DOM
        server string = NAS03 (Samba %v)
        security = ADS
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        max log size = 50
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        winbind cache time = 10
        winbind use default domain = Yes