[Samba] smbclient problem

pkaplan1 at comcast.net pkaplan1 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 24 20:43:39 GMT 2009

Please forgive if this is not the right place to seek help on this (and direct me to the right resource!).

Since installing kubuntu 9.04, smbclient (3.3.2) and smb4k (0.10.2) are all messed up.

While I can access shares on an Active Directory network using the smbclient protocol from konqueror (smb://), I can't mount directories using either mount.cifs or smb4k, no matter what I do. Both of these worked under prior releases of kubuntu.

mount.cifs requests are met either with an error that a share can not change directory into a mount target or that the directory name disappears from the directory structure until it is unmounted.

smb4k is simply unable to read the servers in my company's AD domain.

I have achieved a small success using Py.neigborhood to mount directories, but it is not simple.

Does anyone know what the problem is or how to fix?

Paul