[Samba] Very slow transfers to Samba on Ubuntu

Raghu A raghua1111+nabble at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 20:29:06 GMT 2009

I tried TCP_NODELAY and it didn't make a difference. I haven't tried
SO_SNDBUF and RCVBUF, but I will. As the tcpdump shows there is lot of tcp
window left.

It is not just the server since linux samba client behaves much better. What
determines SMB packet size?

What is the throughput you get? Is this with an XP/windows client?

Raghu.