[Samba] PDC -> BDC Question

Nick Pappin npappin at devnada.com
Tue Jun 23 20:51:52 GMT 2009

Hi Everyone,
     I was wondering I am setting up a BDC at another physically separate
location on a different subnet, and I am currently working on what files I
need to have copied between the computers and which need to be made on each
server. The specific question I am dealing with is what TDB files I need to
replicate filesystems between the two servers.  Below is a list of what the
files I see in my samba directory are:

account_policy.tdb
ntdrivers.tdb
ntforms.tdb
share_info.tdb
group_mapping.ldb
ntprinters.tdb
registry.tdb
wins.dat
private/schannel_store.tdb
private/secrets.tdb

I am wondering first which of these need to be replicated from server to
server and which need to be unique to each server? For instance I know that
account_policy.tdb can be replicated and needs to be because it holds all of
the account policy information. The second thing I am wondering is what does
each of these files do? I was hoping that someone could do a brief sentence
or two about what each of these files do. Thanks for the help.

--
W. Nick Pappin