[Samba] Copy *just* user accounts from LDAP?

johnh at primebuchholz.com johnh at primebuchholz.com
Mon Jun 22 13:21:28 GMT 2009

Greetings All,

I have a Samba-controlled domain, with everything in LDAP.

I also have an off-site server that I rsync all our files to every couple
hours.

What I'd like to do is set up a new Samba domain on the off-site server so
users can log into it for disaster recovery purposes - and I'd like to
keep the user account information synchronized with the main server so
user's passwords are the same, etc. - while leaving behind workstation
accounts, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas on how best to approach this?  I guess what I'm
asking is, I'm OK with slapcat/slapadd'ing periodically from the main
server to the off-site server, but does anyone have ideas for how to
filter just the user accounts into the LDIF?

Thanks in advance,

-John

	This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which it
	is addressed and contains valuable business information that is
	privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure.
	Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information
	herein by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee, or
	agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient,
	is strictly prohibited.  All contents are the copyright property of the
	sender.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are nevertheless
	bound to respect the sender's worldwide legal rights.  We require that
	unintended recipients delete the e-mail and destroy all electronic
	copies in their system, retaining no copies in any media.  If you have
	received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by calling
	our Help Desk at (603) 433-1143, or e-mail to it at primebuchholz.com.
	We appreciate your cooperation.