[Samba] Tuning for Pegasus Mail

Thu Jun 18 09:54:58 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 11:27:16AM +0200, Elmar Haneke wrote:

> > You're sure you don't have oplocks disabled?
>
> Oplocks should be active, here is my smb.conf

Yep, looks likely. Does more than one user access that
mailbox simultaneously? This would also kill oplocks. If
that is not the case, can you please test if storing the
mailboxes on Windows (any workstation would just do it, no
server necessary) is significantly faster in exactly the
same situation? If so, please create sniffs of the
operations against Windows and Samba and upload them
somewhere for us to download. If access against Windows is
not significantly faster, there's not much we can do about
it.

Information on how to create network traces can be found
under http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Capture_Packets.

Volker