[Samba] weird permissions issue

JJB onephatcat at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 18 00:33:51 GMT 2009

Version 3.2.4-4.3-2042-SUSE-SL11.0

Do I need to file a bug report for something that used to work but
stopped about 1 month ago? If something stops working, that usually
isn't a bug, its a config problem or a data corruption problem, isn't
it? In other words, isn't this most likely the fault of either myself or
another admin, or a hardware glitch as opposed to something wrong with
samba itself?

I don't think we have done any updating to samba services or SUSE Linux
in recent history, unless it happened automatically, which I don't
believe is the way we have it configured. The only changes I've made in
the past year or so were to add the Recycler to the users share and to
create the DOC_IN share.

 - Joel