[Samba] getent group fails

Kevin Blackwell akblackwel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 15:47:04 GMT 2009

Hi,

Well, I'll try to start at what I think the root of my problems are.

When I do a getent group, I only get a list of the BUILTIN groups.

BUILTIN+administrators
BUILTIN+users

But if I do a wbinfo -g, all the AD groups show up.

This alone is not the overall problem, but it is creating a problem
because I need getent to return the groups for logging different AD
groups to different log files in squid.

Another problem is the wbinfo_group.pl and I know this is a squid app,
but from what I understand it used wbinfo.

/usr/lib/squid/wbinfo_group.pl
tuser password
Could not get groups for user tuser

I can provice config data and anything else necessary.

Thanks in advance.