[Samba] Interdomain trust with Active Directory

Robert Ludvik robert.ludvik at zd-lj.si
Sun Jun 14 13:38:06 GMT 2009

Robert Ludvik pravi:
> Hi
> I would like to setup interdomain trust between AD domain (on Server
> 2008, in native mode) and Samba (version 3.3.3 with Fedora DS LDAP). I
> want users from Samba domain to authenticate in AD domain (outgoing
> trust on AD domain). Is this scenario possible?
> Regards
OK, I setup outgoing trust from AD to Samba domain but it stops at
Validation. When I click on Validate, I get the following error:

Verification of the trust between the domain AD_DOMAIN and the domain
SAMBA_DOMAIN was unsuccessful because: Access is denied.
To repair a trust to a pre-Windows 2000 domain you must remove and
re-add the trust on both sides.

On Samba side I have user "domaintrust" with samba flag [I] (added and
edited trough Ldapadmin tool in ou=People,dc=domain,dc=tld) and the same
user and password in AD.
What can I do to get this to work?
Regards