[Samba] Upgrading from NT to AD

James Chamberlain jamesc at exa.com
Wed Jun 10 21:33:45 GMT 2009

Hi Samba users,

Could someone point me toward documentation on the impact to Samba of
upgrading from an NT domain to Active Directory?  I've found docs on
Samba with NT domains and docs on Samba with AD, but not so much on
the upgrade process.  I'd like to know exactly what I'm doing before I
do anything that could cut my Windows users off from the file
servers.  Whether it's as easy as "do the upgrade and your Samba
servers will automatically make the transition", or I have to set up
Kerberos and make changes to smb.conf, I want to be sure I know all
the steps involved.

Thanks,

James