[Samba] How to get rid of previous device settings for printer driver

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Wed Jun 10 10:23:27 GMT 2009

Hi,

I am in the process of changing the Samba printers from using client
driver to using server driver.

I think I finally got it working except that after I have uploaded the
driver on Samba server and after I have configured the "device
settings" for that driver (define duplex, additionnal tray, paper
size), every time I install the printer on a new PC, it comes with a
different setting.

I think it may be due to the fact that the same orinter was existing
previously on the client PC, but defined to use client driver, and
there may be a mix-up between old and new configuration.

How to forcefully remove any thing from the old driver before
installing the new one?

Old and new samba printers have the same name, use basically the same
driver.

TIA,

Olivier