[Samba] access shares form 2 diff domains issue

Mario Remy Almeida malmeida at isaaviation.ae
Wed Jun 10 07:00:58 GMT 2009

        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        winbind separator = +
        winbind use default domain = yes
        cups options = raw
        vfs object = vscan-clamav
        preserve case = yes
        short preserve case = yes
        vscan-clamav: config-file = /etc/samba/vscan-clamav.conf
        username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
        hide unreadable = Yes
        create mask = 0664
        directory mask = 0775
        force create mode = 0660
        force directory mode = 2770
        force security mode = 0600
        inherit acls = yes
        inherit permissions = yes
        inherit owner = yes
[I T]
        comment = IT
        path = /home/IT
        browseable = yes
        writeable = yes

Now I have create a NEW domain as airarabiauae

My samba server is still joined to the old domain i.e airarabia

Situation 1.1)
When I access the IT share from windows XP system as user airarabia\xyz
I can read wirte delete

Situation 1.2)
When I access the IT share from windows XP system as user airarabiauae
\xyz I can only read and wirte but cannot delete

Situation 2.1)
When I access the IT share from Ubuntu 9.04 system as user airarabia\xyz
I can read wirte delete

Situation 2.2)
When I access the IT share from Ubuntu 9.04 system as user airarabiauae
\xyz I can read wirte delete

Would like to know the following.

1) why does it accepts the users from new domain?
2) why does Situation 1.2 delete not working

== samba-3.0.28-1.el5_2.1 ==
//Remy

Disclaimer and Confidentiality

This material has been checked for  computer viruses and although none has
been found, we cannot guarantee  that it is completely free from such problems
and do not accept any  liability for loss or damage which may be caused.
Please therefore  check any attachments for viruses before using them on your
own  equipment. If you do find a computer virus please inform us immediately
so that we may take appropriate action. This communication is intended  solely
for the addressee and is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action  taken or omitted to be
taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be  unlawful. The views
expressed in this message are those of the  individual sender, and may not
necessarily be that of ISA.