[Samba] Does this tell me anything? Traffic report

Matt Burkhardt mlb at imparisystems.com
Tue Jun 9 17:44:43 GMT 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 10:31 -0600, gregorcy wrote:

> > [global]
> >         server string = %h server (Samba, Ubuntu)
> >         map to guest = Bad User
> >         passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://localhost
> >         passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n *all*authentication*tokens*updated*
> >         log level = 2
> >         syslog = 0
> >         log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
> >         max log size = 1000
> >         name resolve order = lmhosts host bcast
> >         server signing = auto
> >         printcap name = cups
> >         add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -t 0 -w "%u"
> >         logon script = logon.cmd
> >         logon path = \\%N\profiles\%U
> >         logon drive = H:
> >         domain logons = Yes
> >         os level = 35
> >         dns proxy = No
> >         ldap admin dn = cn=admin,dc=imparisystems,dc=local
> >         ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
> >         ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
> >         ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
> >         ldap suffix = dc=imparisystems,dc=local
> >         ldap ssl = no
> >         ldap user suffix = ou=Users
> >         usershare allow guests = Yes
> >         panic action = /usr/share/samba/panic-action %d
> >

> I am not to familiar with the passdb backend that you are using but don't you need a:
>
> security = <SOMETHING>
>
> In there somewhere.

The documentation says that it defaults to security = users, but I'll go
ahead and put it in.  My biggest problem is that I'm still not listening
on ports 137 and 139 with no error messages in either log.smbd or
log.nmbd

--
Matt Burkhardt, M.Sci. Technology Management
mlb at imparisystems.com
(301) 682-7901
502 Fairview Avenue
Frederick, MD  21701