[Samba] password authentification

BeefStu BeefStu beefstu350 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 8 19:56:18 GMT 2009

Guys,

Thanks for your input. I am just trying to keep this as simple as possible.

As mentioned, the setup I see now is bush-league where I have to keep track of a users password in (domain and

with in samba). I just want to be able to tell SAMBA to use my password server and eliminate the need to keep passwords within SAMBA. That sounds straight forward right? At least I hope it does

Being a novice with SAMABA (just started googling it Friday) I did not realize all the pieces involved,

SAMBA, kerbros, winbind, AD .... I will follow the directions and see where it takes me. Any other more

comments if you have them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all your input

Stuart