[Samba] password authentification

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Mon Jun 8 17:17:29 GMT 2009

You will need winbind.  Easy to understand 2-part howto for linux/AD
following:
http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/netos/article.php/3487081
http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/netos/article.php/10951_3502441_1

Choose the idmap backend that works for you.  I'm partial to RID.
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/idmapper.html

And SWAT is a good way to fine-tune your setup.  There are links to each
parameter and what each of them does (if Samba docs are installed).

Good luck,
Dale